Build your expertise in natural poultry care
And solve any problem your flock has with 12 months' support from natural chicken care expert and educator, Elise McNamara
You felt confident in your own ability to observe your chickens' health and behaviour?
Your family were eating the healthiest eggs possible with the highest welfare standard?
You had an easy daily and monthly routine to care for your flock, and knew what to do, when?
You knew you were giving your hens the best life possible, naturally.
You knew exactly where to go for practical, credible, science-backed answers to your chicken questions
You were living a thriving, holistic, sustainable life in your backyard.
Here's the problem...
Unfortunately, many new owners are sold birds that are older or not as healthy as described.
Practical, as natural-as-possible info from old-school breeders and poultry experts, is hard to find.
Sick chickens hide their symptoms when they are stressed or unwell. Poultry diseases are very complex!
Owners don't know where to go for reliable, expert help when they encounter complex problems.
Chicken keeping should be fun and easy
"I want people to be confident in their own ability to observe their chickens' health and behaviour, and that's what I want for you!" - Elise McNamara, natural chicken care expert and educator
Want the knowledge and support to keep your chickens healthy and happy - naturally?
Let me give you the A-Z steps to chicken success through natural nutrition, excellent husbandry and reducing stress.
Plus ongoing coaching and support from me, Natural Chicken Care expert and educator, Elise McNamara.
Hi, I'm chicken expert Elise McNamara
I'm a chicken consultant, author, speaker and educator.
Today, I help people like you avoid chicken parasites and diseases so that you can enjoy thriving, healthy, happy hens that will lay for years to come.
Chickens have been my love since I was a toddler in gumboots on my family's dairy farm. I've always bred and raised poultry. I've kept pure bred fowl as show birds and commercial layers (Isa Brown and Hy-Line Brown) for organic egg production in a chicken caravan.
But in 2010 I bought birds that introduced respiratory diseases to my flock. I spent thousands on vet bills trying to eradicate the problem.
This began my obsession with how we can use prevention to keep thriving, healthy birds, free of disease.
This has evolved into my approach of using natural solutions where possible. Commercial management methods such as "All In All Out" don't apply to pets.
Prevention through natural nutrition, excellent husbandry and reducing stress is key.
And now I help poultry owners and farmers like you to do the same.
Who I work with
I have found my courses and coaching work best for two groups of people
1. People who are getting started with chickens or may have just got them. They want to get things right the first time and be confident caring for their new flock.
2. Experienced chicken owners who want to learn new and organic methods of caring for their birds that give their flock the best health possible and lay the healthiest eggs for their family.
Who is this online course for?
For chicken owners who don't want to spend hours Googling the answers and want confidence in the care and health of their flock, naturally. If you've had chicken problems (health, behavioural or other) this course is for you.
What you will learn in this online course
The complete A-Z of natural chicken care. I reveal the secrets of old-school natural poultry keepers and break everything down so that it's practical and relevant for your modern lifestyle.
What people are saying about Elise
"Thank you again for today Elise. You have no idea how happy it made me to hear that the girls finally look good. I really appreciate your time and the wealth of knowledge...".
"I just wanted to say thank you again. I didn't think we'd have so many dramas but we're getting there. The kids are loving them and Luke is warming to them, I knew he would!"
"Thanks for yesterday, it was great. Loved your vibe and enthusiasm."
"I went to a chicken workshop with Elise this morning and it was really informative and well run, super helpful advice!!"
Join A-Z Natural Chicken Care online course & coaching program today!
How it works - We start together on 6 March 2023
The course is 8 key modules plus some incredible bonuses.
Each week, I'll cover a topic in a live Zoom workshop. The calls will run for 50 minutes including Q&A. We'll cover the topic and then open up for Q&A. Can't make the live calls? No worries. A shorter recording of the content will be uploaded to Kajabi (your portal) each Thursday for 8 weeks.
The live Zoom calls and the recordings cover the same content.
After module 8 on 1 September, we move to monthly calls and support through our private online community.
You have access to all content until 6 March 2024.
There will be four bonus topics in September and October for people who upgrade to the Master Edition.
Course curriculum (3 hours, 27 minutes)
Module 1: Choosing and buying healthy chickens (valued at $19)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 14 July 2022. A shorter 27-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Learn about different breeds and how to choose the right breed for you
- How to find reputable breeders of pure breed poultry
- The exact questions you need to ask a breeder
- The right answers to frequently asked layer questions
Module 2: Chicken housing for every backyard and the surprising must-haves (valued at $29)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 21 July 2022. A shorter 26-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Chicken houses don't need to be pretty, they need to be functional. Learn the essentials of housing for health and wellbeing and what's 'nice to have'
- Discover the easy tweaks to avoid your chicken house being a deathtrap over summer and how to promote good health in winter
- The exact brands, designs and materials I recommend for functional housing for every budget
Module 3: What you need to feed and what not to! (valued at $19)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 28 July 2022. A shorter 31-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- You'll learn the exact brands and feeds I and other breeders recommend
- The feed secret from my 99-year-old mate to keep your hens as healthy as possible, and how to make it all as easy as possible for you
Module 4: Hen behaviour and solutions for common problems (valued at $19)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 4 August 2022. A shorter 15-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Discover ways to minimise bullying in your flock
- Common behaviour challenges and how to fix them
- Together we'll bust the myths and misconceptions around moulting
- Give you a step-by-step plan of what you can do to help your hens through their annual moult
Module 5: Chicken parasites - The truth about worms, lice and mites (valued at $29)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 11 August 2022. A shorter 33-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Learn everything about parasites that can affect your chickens - including lice, mites, worms and scaly leg mite
- Learn about parasite management products and when and how to use them
Module 6: Practical backyard chicken biosecurity, hygiene and husbandry (valued at $19)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 18 August 2022. A shorter 15-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Receive an all-seasons checklist of care to keep your hens in top condition year-round
- Stressed chickens are more prone to illness. Avoid the common husbandry pitfalls that lead to flock stress
- Learn how to help prevent poultry diseases from entering your flock
- Step-by-step practical avian biosecurity
Module 7: Sick chook basics for backyard owners (valued at $19)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 25 August 2022. A shorter 24-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Learn to spot the symptoms of common diseases that affect backyard chickens and how they're treated
- Learn how to build immunity in your flock
- Basic chicken first aid for the backyard owner
Module 8: Preventative chicken health using herbs and remedies (valued at $29)
- Live 50-minute class Thursday 1 September 2022. A shorter 36-minute recording will be uploaded to your portal
- Preventative chicken health using herbs and remedies
- Understand the fundamentals of Natural Poultry Nutrition
- Learn my #1 method for supplementing chickens with herbal remedies
- I'll share with you the best products plus recipes you can make at home when your hens need a boost!
Plus, join now and get these bonuses
BONUS #1 Access to our private forum and monthly group coaching
Join the supportive online community and get your questions answered by Elise, plus exclusive access to monthly Zoom group coaching Q&A sessions!
BONUS Simple Steps to Successful Backyard Chickens the eBook
Written by chicken expert Elise McNamara, this eBook is a brilliant, easy-to-read eBook will have you on your way to backyard chicken success!
Want one-on-one coaching time with Elise?
Then the Master Edition is for you. Upgrade and receive these additional bonuses!
BONUS 25-minute private zoom consult with Elise
In this session, we can go in-depth to discuss and solve any challenges you're having with your flock (valued at $45)
BONUS 30-minute chicken house assessment and advice
I'll step you through the 12 functional considerations of any chicken house to ensure it best suits the needs of you and your flock (valued at $75).
Hatching and raising chicks from scratch
8 Sep 2022
ISA Brown & Rescue Hen Care
17 Sep 2022
24 Sep 2022
Avian Health For Poultry Breeders & Exhibitors
1-2 Oct 2022
30-day money-back guarantee!
If for any reason you don't love the course, I will refund your payment within the first 30 days, no questions asked!
There is zero risk.